Cover Letters: Type@Cooper West
A good book cover should catch your attention while being readable, legible and typographically interesting. In this two-day workshop you will experiment with lettering, handwriting and modern calligraphy techniques to come up with a compelling cover for your favorite book. On day one, we will focus on sketching by hand from thumbnails to final art size. On day two, we will put the finishing touches to your piece and move on to finishing it digitally so it’s ready to print!
- Tracing Paper
- Pencil / Mechanical Pencil
- Micron Ink Pen, 0.35mm, Black
- Eraser / Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- Any other lettering tools that you might have at hand are encouraged for the exploration part of our workshop (brushes, pens, calligraphy ink, markers, etc.)
- Laptop with Photoshop
- If you have a Wacom Tablet, Cintiq or Ipad Pro bring it for the digital part of our class.
- Your favorite book and supporting information, such as author's bio and other comparative titles. I will also bring a few options to pick from.